Thursday, July 1, 2010

Roasted Zucchini & Tomatoes

I sincerely apologize for my lack of recipe sharing recently. I was at Food Show for 3 days eating my weight in cheese & ice cream. It's pretty embarrassing when the guys at the Gelato booth recognize you from the year before - although not embarrassing enough to keep me from going back everyday (and sometimes twice a day).

And I've spent the past 2 evening prepping for my big 4th of July party we're hosting with some friends! If I remember to document everything, I'll have lots of good recipes to share next week.

In the meantime, last night I had to throw together dinner for The Hubs & I with very few ingredients available since I hadn't been to the grocery store in a while. I found a zucchini in the veggie drawer and tossed it with some herbs & tomatoes from my "garden" and EVOO before roasting them. The final result was delicious!

Ingredients:

* 1 Zucchini, sliced
* 12 cherry tomatoes
* 2 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs (basil, thyme, sage)
* 1.5 - 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Salt & Pepper



Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 425.

2. In a bowl, combine sliced zucchini, tomatoes & chopped herbs.



3. Add EVOO, salt & pepper and toss.



4. Arrange in a single layer in a baking dish and roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until done to desired tenderness.



5. Serve immediately. Makes enough for 2 servings.



I hope that everyone has a happy & safe 4th of July! I'll be busy stuffing myself with delicious celebratory food & shooting off fireworks.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment