Friday, July 30, 2010
Houston Restaurant Week(s)
For all my Houston readers or those of you may be visiting Houston in the next 3 weeks, it's that time year...
HOUSTON RESTAURANT WEEK
(Although, it's technically 3 weeks long, so I'm not sure why they call it Restaurant "Week").
Starting Sunday, August 1st through Saturday, August 21st, you can dine at over 115 of Houston's best restaurants for a very reasonable price.
CLICK HERE to see a list of the restaurants.
All 115 participating restaurants have prex fixe menus featuring a two course lunch for $20 or a three course dinner for $35. And the best part is that a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Houston Food Bank.
For a list of menus, CLICK HERE.
The Hubs & I will definitely be participating in this good cause. I'm trying to convince him we should visit at least 1 restaurant each week. We'll see if he goes for it.
My short list of restaurants to visit during Restaurant Week:
* Damian's Cucina Italiana
* Eddie V's Prime Seafood
* The Grove Restaurant
* Mark's American Cuisine (I've been here before and it is OH SO GOOD, but pricey)
* Ouisie’s Table
* Ray's Grill
* Truluck’s (Yes, this is a chain, but I've been there many times & it's just good)
You also can't go wrong with:
* Mia Bella (menu not posted yet, but their food is delicious)
* Rainbow Lodgs (very cool atmosphere & where The Hubs proposed)
* *17 (delicious if you like the be a little more adventurous)
If you've been to any of these restaurants & highly recommend them (or don't), please feel free to share your suggestions in the comments.