Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Salad

I think I've finally recovered from my 4th of July food coma. We spent the holiday at our lake house with good friends & WAY too much food. Somehow, we always manage to overdo it.

Over the next few days, I'll share several of the recipes from our food crazed weekend - starting with the first thing I made when we arrived Friday night: Mozzarella, Tomato & Basil Salad.

This great appetizer is quick & easy to make.

Ingredients:

* Fresh Mozzarella (I used Bel Gioioso Pearls)
* Basil, chopped
* Cherry tomatoes
* Olive Oil
* Salt & Pepper



Directions:

* Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper. Allow to sit for 30 minutes to combine flavors.



My Tid-Bits:

* I used about 6 oz. mozzarella pearls, a handful of basil, 2 Tbsp. EVOO and 2 dozen tomatoes.

* You can also make this salad by slicing mozzarella & tomatoes and layering them with whole basil leaves. Drizzle with EVOO, salt & pepper.

We nibbled on the mozzarella salad making Farfalle with Portobellos & Shrimp for dinner.



And since no meal is complete with out dessert, we had Pound Cake with Berries & Fresh Whip Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment