Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Grilled S'Mores

The way I make S'Mores has forever been changed! Thank you, Martha for teaching me the best & easiest way to successfully make this tasty treat. (Yes, this is yet ANOTHER great recipe from "Everday Food". I'm telling you...the July/August issue is full of them).

The marshmallows were softened without being charred, the chocolate was melted to perfection & the graham crackers were warm. YUMMY GOODNESS!

Ingredients:

* 4 graham crackers, halved
* 1 chocolate bar, split into 4 pieces (I used Hershey's)
* 4 large marshmallows



Directions:

1. Set up grill for indirect cooking (i.e. put coals to one side or only turn on 1/2 of the burners on a gas grill).

2. Place 8 graham cracker halves on cooler side of the grill.



3. Top half of the crackers with chocolate & marshmallows.



4. Cover grill & cook until chocolate melts & marshmallows are puffy & soft, 3 to 5 minutes.



5. Remove from grill...



Sandwich with remaining crackers...



And serve immediately...



Roasting marshmallows over an open fire is always fun, but from now on my S'Mores will be made on the grill.

And on another note: I made my mom's Mexican Frito Salad for lunch today & took pictures. I've updated the post with images to go alongside the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment