Friday, June 11, 2010

Everyday Food Jackpot

As I may have mentioned before, I have a love of Food Magazines. I've recently had to cut my subscriptions down to 4: Rachel Ray, Southern Living, Martha Stewart Living & Martha Stewart Everyday Food. Bon Apetite & Cooking Light were both GREAT, but many of their recipes weren't practical for every day meals AND if I need a special occasion meal, all of their recipes are online. So they had to go.

Yesterday, The Hubs brought the mail in and with it was my July/August issue of Everyday Food. Sometimes this magazine will only have 1 or 2 things that I mark as "potential makers"; however, in this issue I earmarked over TWENTY things to try!!



In no particular order, they are:

1. Emeril's Oven Roasted Chicken Wings
2. Roasted Wax Beans with Peanuts & Cilantro
3. Wax Bean Salad with Chorizo (except I'd sub bacon for chorizo)
4. Summer Fruit Salad
5. Marinated Chicken Kebabs with Corn Salad
6. Watermelon-Cucumber Cooler
7. Summer Pasta Salad with Shrimp
8. Couscous Salad with Black Beans, Mushrooms & Corn
9. Tomato Panzanella with Ricotta
10. Homemade Pizzas (She has several to choose from)
11. Pouch Grilled Potatoes and Garlic
12. Grilled Corn with Sour Cream & Cotija Cheese
13. Grilled Brioche with Warm Fruit
14. Grilled S'mores
15. Firecracker Ice Pops
16. Peanut Butter-Chocolate Semifreddo
17. Raspberry-Ripple Meringue
18. Blackberry-Swirl Pound Cake
19. Puffed-Rice Bars with Peanut Butter & Chocolate (aka - PB&C Rice Krispy Treats)
20. And Several Yummy, Fruity Cocktails!

If you're looking for some new summer recipes, I highly recommend picking up a copy of this issue. And you can be sure that you'll be seeing some of these (hopefully) tasty items show up on my blog in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment