Thursday, April 14, 2011
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Lately, The Hubs & I have been enjoying the nice weather by pulling out the grill. I think we've grilled at least 4 times in the past week!
This recipe for Grilled Pork Tenderloin is adapted from the latest edition of Southern Living. It's pretty similar an earlier recipe for Honey Marinated Pork Chops, but uses tenderloin instead. It was SIMPLE to make & tasted great.
I served it with some grilled veggies and it made for a quick, tasty & healthy meal.
* 1 (1- lb.) pork tenderloin
* salt & pepper
* 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
* 3/4 tsp. tried thyme or 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
* 1 Tbsp EVOO
* 1 Tbsp honey
* 1 clove garlic, minced
1. Remove silver skin from tenderloin. Sprinkle generously with salt & pepper.
2. In a small bowl, combine mustard, thyme, evoo, honey & garlic.
Side note: Unless you'd like your hands to smell like mustard & garlic for the next week, I'd recommend putting on a rubber glove (or a sandwich bag will do) before proceeding with the next step.
3. Rub the mustard mixture all over the tenderloin. Cover & allow to sit for at least 10 minutes.
4. Grill the tenderloin for 10 to 12 minutes on each side or until it is done to your liking. (Recommended: 155 degree internal temperature).
5. Remove from grill, cover with foil & let rest for 5-10 minutes. Place on cutting board and cut into slices.
6. Serve with grilled mixed veggies!