Friday, August 27, 2010

Pouch Baked Fish with Pesto & Rice

I love when I have meetings that take me back to Central Texas (aka HOME!). Tuesday night I got to stay with my parents & mom made the most delicious Thai Basil Chicken for dinner. I will definitely be sharing the recipe for that one very soon.

However, today I'll just share with y'all what I made the night I got home from my business trip. I wanted to make something good for The Hubs to make up for the fact that his dinner while I was out of town didn't go as planned. (He was in the middle of grilling pork chops when the grill ran out of gas. I hate it when that happens. It messes everything up).

So, I opened the freezer & refrigerator (at the same time) and just stood in front of it hoping something delicious would magically appear. I spotted some frozen Mahi Mahi & some pesto and thought to myself, "I can make a dinner out of that" and this is what I ended up with...

Pouch Baked Fish with Pesto & Rice


Ingredients:

* 2 - 6 oz. Mahi Mahi fillets (or any white fish)
* 3 Tbsp. Reduced Fat Pesto
* 2 Tbsp. White Wine
* 1/2 tsp Salt
* 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
* 1 lemon, sliced
* 1 package Uncle Ben's Sun-Dried Tomato Florentine Rice
* Foil


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prepare rice according to directions on the package.

2. Place each fillet on a large square of aluminum foil. Season both sides with salt & pepper.


3. Spread 1 tsp. pesto on each side of the fillets.


4. Top each fillet with 2 slices of lemon.


5. Turn up the edges of the foil & pour 1 Tbsp. white wine over each fillet.


6. Now fold the foil over the fish & roll up/crimp the edges to form pouches. Place on a baking sheet.


7. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through & flaky. Caution: When you open the pouches, steam will come out. Don't burn your fingers!

8. Serve immediately by placing fish on a bed of rice and top with remaining pesto & a squirt of lemon juice.


My Tid-Bits:

* I'm on a healthy kick lately & I'm trying to keep things low calorie. This dish definitely fits into that category: 420 calories & 9g fat per serving. (One serving includes 1 fillet & 1 cup prepared rice).

* Before I could even sit down, The Hubs had almost cleaned his plate. His exact words: "This ones definitely a keeper. "

.

No comments:

Post a Comment