Monday, August 16, 2010

Delicious Marshmallow Brownies

Last weekend, when our friends M&E were coming over for dinner, I wanted to make a dessert (because in my world, no meal is complete without something sweet at the end). I had a brownie mix that needed to be used up, but I didn't want to make plain brownies, so I perused my pantry for something to make them "special" and spotted some marshmallows. Have you ever had brownies with marshmallows? Their a great pair. Want to know what makes them even better? A rich, chocolate frosting. HEAVENLY!

Ingredients:

* 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
* 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
* 1/2 stick butter
* 1.5 Tbsp. cocoa powder
* 3 Tbsp. milk
* 2 cups powdered sugar
* splash of vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Prepare brownies according to directions on package.



2. Top with mini marshmallows...



And put back in the oven for 5 minutes until marshmallows are melted & puffy. Remove & let cool for 15 to 20 minutes.



3. To make icing, combine butter, cocoa powder & milk in a sauce pan over low heat.


4. Bring the mixture to a boil & then remove from heat.


5. Slowly stir in powdered sugar until mixture is smooth.


6. Stir in a splash of vanilla.


7. Drizzle icing over the marshmallows. Let sit for 30 minutes to allow icing to set.


8. Enjoy!

My Tid-Bits:

* A lot of people call these Mississippi Mud brownies. I call them TASTY GOODNESS!

* Always use a plastic knife to cut brownies. I don't know why, but a plastic knife makes a cleaner cut.

* I made these on Sunday thinking we'd have them for dessert that evening & then have plenty of leftovers for when our nephews arrived on Tuesday. By the time they arrived, the pan looked like this:
I don't know what it is about brownies, but I can't pass by the pan without cutting off a small piece. I guess those small pieces add up. Oops!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment