Thursday, April 1, 2010

My New Favorite Fast Breakfast

I'm a breakfast eater. For me, eating breakfast isn't optional, its a must. If I don't have breakfast, I'm unpleasant and starving for lunch by 10:00. My typical breakfast is an English Muffin or left over (frozen) pancakes, but occasionally I get bored with those & want to try something different.

I love smoothies & think they are a great breakfast option; however I never make them because it never fails that if I buy the yogurt, berries, etc. to make them, they go bad before I have the chance to use them all or my smoothie doesn't turn out the right consistency, etc. If I want a smoothie, I usually resort to a trip to my fave, Jamba Juice!

That is until a friend told me about Yoplait Smoothies. I'm not taking about the drinkable liquidy ones you find by the yogurt. I'm talking about the one in the frozen fruit section at the grocery store. Y'all, this is good! It's basically frozen berries & chunks of frozen yogurt in a bag.

All you have to do it toss it in the blender...



Add 1 cup of milk...



And you have your smoothie!!



They come in 3 flavors: Triple Berry, Strawberry Banana & Strawberry Mango Pineapple.

And what makes them even better is that they are low in calories & fat. The entire bag + 1 cup skim milk = 220 calories & 3g fat. (They say each bag is 2 servings, but lets be honest - since when is a tiny 8 oz. smoothie going to fill you up and hold you over until lunch? I say eat the whole thing).

So next time you're at the grocery store, pick one up to try.



P.S. I just realized this entire post sounds like a cheesy infomercial, but I'm being sincere. They really are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment