Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Favorite Fall Finds


Over the past few weeks, I've found several fall treats & I feel they are worth sharing with you all. So here we go...my Favorite Fall Finds:

TCBY Pumpkin Spice Frozen Yogurt

photo: foodbeast.com
Umm...delicious! I love TCBY and their many (low-cal) flavors. Their Pumpkin Spice yogurt has just a hint of pumpkin and is SO good! And here's a tip: Sign up for their email club & they'll send you all sorts of good coupons. Last month was $1 off. This month was buy one, get one free! The Hubs didn't want any yogurt last night, so I got a free cup & stashed it in the freezer. That one was another DELICIOUS flavor....Orange Sorbet! You remember the Dreamcicles you got in the cafeteria in elementary school? It tastes Just. Like. That!


Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Steamer

photo: starbucks.com

I don't like coffee. I really wish I did because Carmel Macchiatos & Cinnamon Dolce Lattes sound & smell delicious. But I just don't like the taste of coffee. Lucky for me, my dear friend Jennifer introduced me to the Starbucks steamers. They're basically steamed milk blended with your favorite flavor. I typically order a tall-non-fat-vanilla-hazelnut-steamer-no-whip. However, when fall rolls around & the Pumpkin Spice Latte goes back on the menu, I can order my steamer with pumpkin. You should try it!


Pinto Pony Cookies

While on our get-away to the lake house last weekend, The Hubs & I made a day trip to San Augustine. It's a tiny little Texas town with one main street, lots of history, antique shops and a cookie factory called Pinto Pony. My mom & her friends had visited Pinto Pony once before, so on their recommendation, The Hubs & I stopped in. I'm SO glad we did! (My diet on the other hand...not so glad). We visited with the owners, who were so kind & informative. We got to sample all of the flavors and walked out with 3 bags of cookies: Oatmeal Blueberry, Oatmeal Cranberry & Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. Lucky for us, you can order them online from their website: www.pintopony.com. They will box them up in beautifully decorated boxes, making them great gifts, too!

photo: pintopony.com

If you ever happen to be driving through San Augustine, you should stop in and get a homemade ice cream sandwich. For now, we'll be content making our own until our 3 bags run out.



I have fall favorites that aren't food related, too...

Bath & Body Works Candles

There's just something about the smells of pumpkin & apple that I just can't get enough of. I happened to be in Bath & Body Works one day last month when they had their fall candles on sale. I bought 2 for me and several more for friends. My favorites are Pumpkin Patch & Caramel Apple. (Their winter scents just came out and I may or may not have already purchased two of those scents, as well).

Cute Fall Decorations




The colors of fall fit right in with the colors of my home, so I'm always eager to climb up in the attic & get out my fall decor on September 1st. (Even if it is still 102 degrees outside). I have a favorite little shop in Salado called Horsefeathers where the vast majority of my holiday decor has come from, including the two cute little guys above.

I could go on & on about my favorite things of Fall. I'm sure over the next couple of months, I'll share some more. For now, please feel free to share your Favorite Fall Finds! I need to know about the fabulous fall things I don't want to miss out on.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment