Friday, January 22, 2010

Praline Pull Apart Bread

When I saw this...




in the December issue of Southern Living, I HAD to make it.

The Hubs & I went to our lake house for the New Year's weekend and I decided the Praline Pull Apart Bread would make a perfect New Year's Day breakfast.


Ingredients

* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
* 1 (2-lb.) package frozen bread roll dough
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* 3/4 cup whipping cream
* 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar

Preparation

1. Stir together granulated sugar and 3 tsp. cinnamon. Coat each roll in butter; dredge rolls in sugar mixture. Arrange in a lightly greased 10-inch tube pan; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and chill 8 to 18 hours.

2. Preheat oven to 325°. Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; stir in brown sugar and remaining 1 tsp. cinnamon. Pour mixture over dough. Place pan on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet.

3. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes; invert onto a serving plate, and drizzle with any remaining glaze in pan.

Hands-on Time: 15 min.
Total Time: 9 hr., 25 min.

My Tid-Bits:

* Be sure to place a baking sheet or foil under the pan when baking. There is a good chance this will over flow.

* The recipe calls for a tube pan; I used a bundt pan. It overflowed, but in the end it was okay. Next time, I might use a few less or smaller rolls...or just buy a tube pan.

* Don't skip the quick step of whipping the cream before stirring in the brown sugar—that's the secret to the smooth texture of the caramel-flavored sauce. Just don't whip it too much or it won't spread over the rolls.

* The Praline Pull Apart Bread holds up well over a couple of days. The Hubs & I had it for breakfast (and snacks) for a couple of days.

Here is what my version looked like:



And it was AMAZINGLY tasty. I will definitely be making this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment