- 1 (16-oz.) French bread loaf
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation1. Cut 10 (1-inch-thick) slices of bread. Reserve remaining bread for another use.
2. Stir together brown sugar and next 2 ingredients; pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
3. Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients.
4. Arrange bread slices over pecans.
5. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake bread 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Invert baking dish onto a serving tray, letting the brown sugar mixture pour over the french toast. Serve immediately.
*Sorry for the poor photography. It was really dark in my kitchen at 11pm while I was prepping this.