Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hatch Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

I have but one excuse for my lack of blogging: Pinterest.  Y'all, I'm addicted!  That site just sucks you in.  The Hubs hates it because I'm constantly showing him things and saying, "I want in our next house!" or "Ooohh!  I need to buy this."  My goal this week is to catch up on the many blog posts I have recipes & pictures for, but have yet to type out.  

We'll start with Hatch Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas.  

A couple of weeks ago, when The Hubs suggested we go to Central Market, they happened to be having their Hatch Chile Festival.  If any food could be made with hatch chiles, they had it.  One of the things they were sampling were these Hatch Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas.  The Hubs took one bite of the samples they were giving away and declared it delicious.  So, I snagged one of their recipe cards and told him I'd make them some time soon.  Much to my surprise - and delight - when I looked at the recipe card, it called for FOUR ingredients.  Four.  That's it.  These enchiladas just might be one of the easiest dishes I've ever shared.  

And The Hubs was right...they are delicious!

Ingredients:

*  1 lb. shredded cooked chicken
*  1 can Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
*  2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese (or Mexican Blend)
*  10 - 6" tortillas, corn or flour


Directions:

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, 1/2 cup Hatch Sauce and 1 cup of cheese.


2.  Spread 1 cup of Hatch Sauce in a 13"x9" baking dish.



3.  Place 1/4 cup of meat mixture in the center of each tortilla.  Roll up and repeat with remaining tortillas.



4.  Place tortillas, seam-side down, in baking dish on top of the Hatch Sauce.  Top with remaining Hatch Sauce and cheese.



5.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  Serve immediately.





My Tid-Bits:


* Thank you Central Market for a great, easy recipe!

* The original recipe calls for flour tortillas; however, The Hubs & I both prefer corn tortillas.  I made the recipe with both to see which we like better.  Both were good, but we like the corn better.


* The number of tortillas you will use will depend on how full you make your enchiladas.  I used a heaping 1/4 cup for each.


* If you'd like to spruce these up a little more, serve with sour cream & chopped cilantro.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment