Friday, July 8, 2011

Old Bay Steamed Shrimp

Time to play catch up. I have lots of new recipes to share with you all & I'm going to do my best to get them all blogged in the next week or so. (If this tells you how behind I am...I made these Old Bay Steamed Shrimp for Memorial Day weekend). So here we go...

In case you haven't noticed, I love simple meals that are tasty. Old Bay Steamed Shrimp fits in that category. If you can set a time for 6-7 minutes, you can't screw these up.

Ingredients:

* 1.5 - 2 lbs. shrimp, shell on (deveined, if you'd like)
* 3 cups of water
* 1.5 cups beer (something good - with flavor)
* 1 cup plain vinegar
* a lot of Old Bay Seasoning
* cocktail sauce


Directions:

1. Pour water, beer & vinegar into a large pot over high heat. Cover with lid.

2. Coat the shrimp in Old Bay Seasoning. Use a lot. Then use some more.


3. Dump the shrimp into the steamer basket, place the basket in the pot & recover. Steam for 6 to 7 minutes or until shrimp are done.


4. Remove from heat and pour shrimp onto a platter. Serve with cocktail sauce & lots of napkins.

2 comments:

  1. I made this last night and it was delicious!!! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, someone read the Old Bay Can and added the necessary beer to the pot. :-) I have lived in Maryland since birth and recently left for Florida...you know, Paradise! But, they don't cook the seafood the way we did in Maryland. I also have seen and used Pickling spice as well to the pot and a few of the restaurants did as well. But, I like it the way you have it. Thanks so much for posting it. Tom

    ReplyDelete