My only piece of advice: don't make them unless you have people to share them with. I could have eaten the entire pan.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 6 teaspoons raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Garnish: powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
Reserve 1 cup flour mixture.
3. Lightly grease an 11- x 7-inch or 9-inch square pan. Press remaining flour mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Spread peach preserves over crust in pan.
6. Dollop raspberry preserves by 1/2 teaspoonfuls over peach preserves.
7. Sprinkle reserved 1 cup flour mixture over preserves. Sprinkle with almonds.
8. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
9. Cut into bars. Garnish, if desired. Serve or store in an airtight container using wax paper to separate each layer.
* As with most shortbreads, these were even better the 2nd & 3rd day!
* I didn't really measure the peach & raspberry preserves. I just eyeballed it and added some extra raspberry because its my favorite.
* If you don't have a pastry blender, don't be dismayed. A pastry blender isn't really necessary to make these. Just use two butter knives or a fork to cut in the butter.