Until today, I didn't know that such a day existed, but I'll happily celebrate it! I love pound cake. Over the years, I've made MANY different versions of pound cake: raspberry, cream cheese, chocolate, etc. But one of my favorites has got to be peach. My mom shared this recipe with me and it is WONDERFUL!
1 c. softened butter or margarine
3 c. sugar
3 c. flour
1/2 t. basking soda
3/4 t. salt
1/2 c. sour cream
2 c. peaches (fresh or frozen), peeled & chopped fine
2 t. vanilla
2 t. almond extract
1/4 to 1/3 c. Peach Schnapps + extra to brush warm cake
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease & flour one medium loaf pan and a bundt pan.
2. Pour Peach Schnapps over chopped peaches & set aside while you prepare batter.
3. Cream butter & sugar until light.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time.
5. Stir in flavorings, salt, & soda.
6. Add flour, alternating with sour cream and peaches.
7. Pour batter into prepared pans & bake until cake tests done. Loaf should take 30 to 40 minutes, the bundt cake an extra 15 to 20. Cool in the pan 10 minutes. Turn onto serving plate & brush with more Peach Schnapps while still warm.
Now I'm off to the College Classic at Minute Maid Park to watch some Aggie Baseball! Whoop!