Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Pioneer Woman's Roasted Vegetable Minestrone


Want to know what's REALLY good? Especially on a cool evening??


The Pioneer Woman's Roasted Vegetable Minestrone

Want to know what makes it even better?


Serving it in a cute pumpkin bowl.

I won't bother sharing the step-by-step because Ree has already done that here. However, I highly recommend making this soup soon. Like tomorrow. Because it's finally cooled off in Texas. (Today it was even cool enough for me to wear this sweater that I bought at the beginning of August)!

I will offer a few Tid-Bits though:

* This recipe makes A LOT of soup. The recipe says it makes 8 servings. The Pioneer Woman must have some LARGE soup bowls.

* On the plus side, each of those large servings has less than 300 calories!

* The only changes I'd recommend are adding some garlic while sauteing the onions & celery, adding an extra can of tomatoes (more of a personal preference) and using low-sodium canned goods.

* Oh, and if you'd like some cute pumpkin bowls of your own, you can buy them at Macy's. They're on sale for $7.99, but we all know you can get an extra 25% off with one of their coupons.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, I LOVE the pioneer women! I've been making her chicken spaghetti for years now! -Jillian

    ReplyDelete