Friday, December 17, 2010

Reindeer Food...also known as crack

Christmas just isn't Christmas until you've made some Reindeer Food - which is more commonly known amongst my friends as CRACK. They call it that for a reason: It's addictive! Consider yourself warned.

Ingredients:

* 4 cups Cheerios
* 4 cups Rice Chex
* 2 + cups of mini pretzels
* 1 bag Christmas M&M's
* 1.5 cups lightly salted peanuts
* 1 package almond bark
* red & green sugars


Directions:

1. Mix the Cheerios, Chex, pretzels, M&M's and peanuts in a LARGE bowl. (The biggest one you've got).


2. In a separate, microwave safe bowl, melt the almond bark. Start by microwaving for 1 min. and stir. Continue in 30 second increments until almond bark is melted & smooth.

3. Pour almond bark into bowl of Cheerio mixture. Mix very carefully or you'll make a huge mess! Quickly spread mixture into a thin layer on wax paper and generously sprinkle with red & green sugar.


4. Allow to dry completely while trying not to eat it all.


My Tid-Bits:

* I usually package this in cellophane bags & give it away as gifts to friends & co-workers at Christmastime.

* Feel free to adjust the dry ingredients to your liking. I add extra pretzels!


On another note...I have been such a blog slacker lately and for that I apologize. However, I have an excuse. All I've eaten for the past week is smoothies, yogurt & ice cream. Why? Wisdom teeth removal. Enough said. I promise to share more Christmas goodies next week!

2 comments:

  1. How many ounces in the bark coating to you melt? I have a package but it is 16oz. Do I use the whole 16oz?

    ReplyDelete