Thursday, July 21, 2011

29 Years 365 Days - and an amazing cake to celebrate




Yesterday, I celebrated the 1st Anniversary of my 29th Birthday. That's right. I refuse to be the Big 3-0 and I've decided to stay 29.

And because it was my birthday, my wonderfully amazing mother came to see me and made a birthday cake. I may be biased, but my mom makes the BEST birthday cakes. You may recall that last year she made me this delicious Hazelnut Raspberry cake. Well, she one-upped it this year with a Mixed-Berry Chiffon Cake with Almond Cream Cheese Frosting.


As beautiful as the cake was, it was even more delicious!

The recipe was from epicurious.com and you can find the recipe here. Mom changed a few things (like omitting the lemon zest, which would have ruined the whole thing).

Thank you to my mom for helping with dinner & making the wonderful cake. And thank you to my sweet friends for making the day extra special.


No comments:

Post a Comment