Thursday, June 10, 2010

Easy Summer Berry Dessert

After my hiatus from cooking meals at home, I'm on a roll. Last night I made my mom's Chicken with Carrots & Onions and tonight we'll be having Crab Legs & Boiled Shrimp (thank you HEB for another sale).

Want to know what else I've been making every night???

This...



Most people would call this Pound Cake with Ice Cream & Berries, but I call it PURE YUMMINESS!!! It combines 3 of my most favorite things and is SUPER easy to make.

All you need is pound cake, fresh berries & vanilla ice cream.



Cut the pound cake into cubes...



Top with small scoops of ice cream...



And a mixture of fresh berries...



TA-DAH!! You have Pure Yumminess!

My Tid-Bits:

* For the pound cake I sometimes make my own, but this week I just bought a Sara Lee frozen pound cake from the store. It's actually REALLY good.

* I also like to sprinkle the berries with a tsp. of sugar & let them sit for a few minutes before serving.

* Whip Cream can easily be substituted for the ice cream. And if you're attempting to keep it a little more low-cal, use Reddi Whip. It only has 15 calories per tbsp.

* I used an cookie dough scooper to get the mini ice cream balls.


Now I just have to be careful not to eat TOO much because summer is upon us & while summer does bring us good berries, it also brings swimsuit season. YUK!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment